Product Designer, July 2015 – Present
• Lead designer on Daily Burn 365, a live daily video series. My tasks involved product strategy, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, visual design and presenting work to stakeholders. 365 was a success and is now a primary business focus for the company. We increased conversions to paid subscriptions, daily views by 70% and unique visitors by 250%.
• Optimized the mobile sign-up experience. Conversions to trial increased over 10%, while exit rate from the paywall decreased. These additional signups led to a significant annual increase in revenue.
• Championed design thinking. I led research activities such as experience mapping, internal workshops and individual user interviews. These efforts generated actionable customer insights and gave real-life context to our upcoming projects. We published, promoted and made our findings available to the broader design community.
User Interface Designer, July 2014 – July 2015
Designed, tested and updated interface systems and patterns for a variety of platforms including: responsive web, mobile, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku and Amazon Fire TV.Designed a new first time user experience, improving new user engagement with our product.
Visual Designer, May 2012 – April 2014
• Redesigned career website Defence Jobs. Our improvements resulted in a 12% increase in online enquiries, and a 45% increase in completed applications.
• Designed creative spec work used to pitch and win new clients for the agency, like Schweppes, Australia Post and Heinz.
• Lead designer on Air Force Priority, a Webby award winning email marketing campaign.
• Supported visual and interaction design for Mobile Medic, a Cannes Lion winning iOS app.
Art Director, January 2010 – December 2010
• Spearheaded a rebrand of Esperanto, the university magazine. My improvements included a new style-guide, format, media kit, distribution and digital strategy.
• Art directed five issues, including about 400 pages of my own photography and editorial design.
• The new design increased our overall readership, submissions and business partnerships. New advertising revenue and lowered printing costs led to profitability for 2010.
Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication), March 2009 - May 2012
Scholarship for Excellence